Friday, December 9, 2011

Comic for Graceless

  Enola D! writes a zine called No Gods No Mattress, and one part from her 15th issue is going to be in Graceless Magazine (a journal for radical gothic culture).  So I did this comic to accompany her article.  N.G.N.M. #15 can be aquired at: Enola D! P.O. Box 3936 Berkeley Ca 94703, and I'm not sure when the second issue of Graceless will be available.  I will probably do at least one more illustration to go with a record review.
  The part of her article I chose to illustrate is: "I really liked their sound.  They reminded me of early Nine Inch Nails, but with only the worst lines.  The lyric writing was not that great in my opinion  but I could overlook it and just look forward to buying their CD when the vocalist said, "'This song is for the ladies.  All you women who have an affinity for...sexual behavior.  You know who you are, don't hide."'  And then sang a song with the lyrics: "'Is this a cry for help?  Blah blah blah blah blaaaaahh get down on your knees and I'll give it to you"'.

No comments:

Post a Comment