Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It's A New Year

I'll never understand how I'll stay up and spend hours working on Dreams of Donuts, just to end up with a page and a half done.  I mean, I guess I kind of understand; if I did things the easier way, I would have a copier/printer at home, that way I could just reverse the black and white, instead of doing what I normally do and just color all the black parts with ink.  But the easy way is also the expensive way.  Either way, this panel is turning out to be one of my favorites from the new issue thus far, so I thought I would share it here.

I woke up to it being a new year.  I normally don't give one bit of a shit about the whole holiday, but this year is different for me.  2013 may have been one of the shittiest years of my life.  Don't worry, nothing major happened, it's more like the whole year I just felt miserable and trapped in my misery.  Disliking my life but being too depressed to have the urge to change it.  So I have found a sense of optimism in the "new year, fresh start" mentality, and hopefully this year can give me a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment