Monday, January 26, 2015

Razorcake Review

 I made some more progress on the Mardi Gras flyer last night, which is great cuz it's coming up soon.  I didn't like how it was turning out at first, but now with all the shading and stuff I can tolerate it and not be embarrassed about it.  Also, came home to find the new issue of Razorcake in my mailbox with a review of Dreams of Donuts #20, and I even got a big quote in it!  Anyways, here's the review:

Dreams of Donuts #20 - The layout of Dreams of Donuts is one
of the best I've seen.  The neat and even lettering and lovely panel borders 
that ranged from tiny hearts to railroad tracks made reading an ease and
a delight.  Each of the three autobiographical short illustrated stories
became whimsical and fun through her detailed, black-line illustrations.
I especially liked her punk perspective on movie reviews.  For example,
she gave Predator 2 four out of five donuts because "Predators hate
the cops as much as we do." -Ashley Ravelo

Hella sweet thing to come home too, thanks Ashley and Razorcake!


No comments:

Post a Comment